Writing calls on the light of my soul, and keeps me human...

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!


Happy New Year, everyone!

In 2012, I've resolved to stop agonizing over decisions. Over the past few years since graduating college, I have finally learned that any decision can be the right one if you are determined to make the best of it without turning back. So while I'll of course allow for flexibility and spontaneity should factors change, I will now be making decisions without weeks of flip-flopping and stressing out! Decision #1: Heading home to the States in February to search for a full-time, paid job as a writer, advocate, and/or story-teller for a good cause!

While I don't know exactly where I'm going, I do know who I am. I feel confident that these past five months as a volunteer in Jaffa have helped me to get closer to my higher self. I feel more aware, compassionate, and self-reliant than I have in a long time. I'm proud of the progress I made in 2011, and I want to continue waking up to the beauty of life in the new year. Just to be alive and free is a blessing.

I thank God, and all of you, for the amazing and supportive community I can call "home." Here's to a happy, healthy, peaceful, and successful New Year for everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Jacqueline KanofskyJanuary 6, 2012 at 5:03 PM

    Sammy, I know how difficult it must have been for you to decide to come back home in February. I know how much you have enjoyed being in Jaffa and doing such wonderful things. An experience that will be with you forever. I hope you are still planning to come to Delaware. I am going out to Berkeley next week and hope we can skype from there.
    I love you. Nanny

    ReplyDelete